Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Defeating Discouragement


O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save! Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance? for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention.” Habbakuk 1:2-3

The burden of being discouraged is heavy. Circumstances around us may be unavoidable, but how we respond to them will make all the difference! “Living in discouragement will divide the mind, making it hard to focus on anything but the pain. Then as anger becomes habitual, we’ll look for someone to blame—whether God, people around us or ourselves.” ~Charles Stanley

Discouragement is an emotional sink hole. The longer we’re there the harder it becomes to get out. Putting our focus on self, allows us to wallow in self-pity and indulging in a “blame game”. This is opposite of what the Lord wants for and from us: He desires our focus, time and attention to be solely on Him. It’s a battle, a fight for sure, but one that can be WON IN CHRIST!

It is a matter of CHOICE- “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7 Resisting the devil and choosing to grip ahold of Jesus to pull you out of the emotional quick sand. Don’t’ let the enemy rob you of your peace, joy, hope and contentment. God has a better plan for our lives! CRY OUT TO HIM!

“Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.  I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me. He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.” Psalm 57:1-3

Let Him be your refuge and strength. He can/will deliver you from the snares of the enemy. It requires determination, perseverance and TRUST! If you are in this emotional bondage, take the Lord at His Word and take REFUGE in HIM. His hand is outstretched waiting for you to grip ahold. Will you let Him be glorified and change things for the better?

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 YES, this too can be used for His purpose in your life, to build your strength and reliance upon Him. I'm praying for you... Cry out to Abba Father, He hears your cries and will see you through!
Love in Christ,
Michelle James




1 comment:

  1. Mmm! Thank you TB! I really needed this just now. Always love how God's timing is perfect. Love you dear Sis - am praying for you too! <3

    ReplyDelete

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...