Sunday, July 31, 2011

From frustrating to FREE...Lord work in ME!


Though we endure afflictions, we know it's all for the Glory of the LORD!

"Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:" 1 Peter 1:6-8

If we aren't willing to be tried, are we really following the Lord? Have we truly taken His hand in TRUST to allow Him to create in us a clean pure heart. I've decided to allow God to move in mighty ways in this life that belongs to Him. Surrendering to His will and counting the cost... will is cost pain? Heartache? Discomfort? Will it be worth it in the end? The answer to all of the above is YES!

What if we don't let go?
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." Galatians 2:20-21 We run the risk of "frustrating God's grace"! After contemplating this the last couple days, the Lord has impressed upon my heart that in telling Him, "not yet", "just one more day" or "maybe later", we aren't allowing Him to complete His finished work within us. He also tells us, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:18-24

Yes, He is faithful in doing, but we are weak, and in our rebellion can actually "quench the Spirit"! We can limit or keep Him from what He wants for us! Is our will, desires our flesh worth the sacrifice? I say NO! It may be hard and painful, but trusting the Lord knows our weaknesses and USES them for His gain far exceeds the pain we may endure for a season. I'm ready! I've put things off long enough, the Lord is opening doors and set requirements for me to continue and be used for greater things than I've ever imagined. Yes, this ordinary girl will be used to the fullest glory of the Lord! YES, He is refining me, but it is part of the cost. He met me where He found me, and guarantees not to leave me where He found me! It is time for a new adventure in Him, but letting go of the known "comfort zone" for the unseen glory of the Lord is part of being purified in the Refiner's Fire! It's hot, but necessary! By His Will and Grace, I will be set free and His Spirit will be free to work in me once again!

Don't let too many "tomorrows" come between what the Lord wants for you and what you think is best!

Prayer:
All Glory to You, Almighty Powerful & Living God and have Your way with this humble servant You now call friend. Who am I to stand in Your way. Forgive my rebellion, use my weaknesses and grant me Your strength to overcome myself which was crucified with Your Son, JESUS! I ask and give all humbly according to Your Will and Plan. In Jesus merciful and powerful name, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...