Friday, July 29, 2011

This is my Life...*JESUS*

Yesterday while talking with a friend, I was told, "In the real world there is more to life than Jesus Christ." I was stunned. Speechless and all I could think was, ummm, no not really. To the worldly person, it is hard for them to comprehend and understand how Christ pertains to all things in this life. I didn't take offense with this in mind, but boy oh boy did it give me much to pray about.

My life is consumed with Christ. He is my life. I've laid down my life in order to find my life in Him. To majority this makes no sense and the assumption is made that I go overboard with all this "Jesus stuff"! I say PRAISE GOD! GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH! This has been my prayer for years, to be used and to be consumed... Every ounce and fiber of my being...let me be completely consumed in Christ.

I say, Let us cry out & declare as David, "In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness." Psalm 31:1 and as Paul, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth;..." Romans 1:16 and as Peter, "Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God..." 1 Peter 5:16

So, is there more to this life than Christ? NOOOO! If you are sitting on the fence, half living for God and half living for yourself, then yes, in your mind; there is more to this life. Or, if you haven't made a commitment to Him at all, you will think and feel this way too.

There is nothing more hopeful, joyful and humbling than sharing Jesus with all. He is the Bread of Life and when you regularly feast at His table, the more you want to SHARE! So many put limits on God to create a faraway control freak that has no understanding in the things we endure.

Often times they reject the message because they are comfortable where they are apart from God. They don’t want to hear the Word of God because it’s “… quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” It cuts deep and pierces; it brings convictions thus making them uncomfortable having wants, needs and desires unexposed. The Truth brings all things to the light... Thus brings unwanted convictions.

I will continue on this narrow road, and at times boldness consents to a walk alone, not apart from Christ, but those around us. Time spent alone with Him grants clarity, direction and most importantly His peace which surpasses all man’s understanding. To summarize, there is no life outside of Christ. All things apart from Him lead to a dead end. Onward soldier march, and continue victoriously in becoming the creation the Lord has made us to be! Share Jesus and share in Love. I am a continued work in progress and I declare as Paul, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 Jesus is my LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...