Monday, August 8, 2011

Lesson From The Garden

 
I've learned so many lessons while gardening this summer. The most recent happened just a few days ago! Last week I wanted to go in and harvest the veggies that are ripe and enjoy the fruits of my labor, BUT while attempting to enter, I met opposition! Lol, yes, an 8 legged critter... later found out it is a Brown Recluse! A very dangerous and can be fatal spider!

The Lord used this incident to speak GREATLY to my heart! After being grossed out and intimidated by this spider, not knowing if it was dead or not, my friend and I gathered the kids and went inside the house... YES WITHOUT THE HARVEST!

Here is the spiritual relation to my experience:
This spider is representative of Satan. He and his ways are so poisonous! Even though Christ within us is greater than he, we still allow his lies to intimidate us and keep us from the Lord’s work. See where this is going? Instead of standing firm in Christ, fully armed in the Armor of God (Eph 6:10-19), grounded & gripping our Sword which is the Word of God and fighting we cower and retreat! Leaving the Lord’s work unfinished!

Jesus said, “The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:37-38 You and I, in Christ, are the NEEDED labourers! Have you counted the cost? I have and the age old saying holds true; “no pain, no gain!” Jesus endured it, and we shall too. Isn’t one lost soul worth all that Jesus gives… hope, peace, joy, love, fulfillment~ Life everlasting? To trade all the burdens of this life for the yoke He gives? Jesus said, “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:29-30

Every person on this earth is the harvest! Who will stand firm against the enemy and proclaim the True Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world? Yes, the enemy is relentless! Christ is VICTORIOUS! So, great lesson learned is… be on guard, be vigilant, stand firm on the Word of God and GO REAP THE HARVEST! If we don’t bring them in, what will happen to them? Will their blood be upon our hands? “But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.” Ezekiel 33:6 YES!

I could go on and on about this, but sadly the bottom line is we need to rely upon Jesus, His strength and promises. We don’t have time to let the enemy keep us from the harvest! The days are few and time is nearly up before Jesus returns. While we wait no one knows when their time here is finished. Jesus is the hope for this world, and He is the very reason for this life! Let the Word of God crush the enemy! The harvest is plenty! People want to hear and receive Jesus, but sadly all too often, we are intimidated by them… giving into the lies the enemy spins in his web waiting to consume us. I choose to stand and fight—do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...