Thursday, August 25, 2011

Quiet time with the Lord


"And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever. And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;" Isaiah 32:17-18 Quiet time with the Lord is vital in our walk with Him! Praising Him all the more for making this time possible! It is here that we rest; we're renewed and rejuvenated to continue to fight the good fight! Christ is our peaceable habitation!

I have a little picture by my coffee pot that reads, “Make time for quiet moments, as God whispers quiet moments.” I’ve kept it there for years. It’s my reminder each and every day to give the Lord His time. When I rush out of bed straight into the day without quiet time with Him, my whole day seriously falls apart!

Why is time spent with Him so vital? It is here that we grow! All relationships require TIME! The more time we give Him, the stronger our faith grows! It is in the stillness we can hear His voice. He tells us, “Be still, and know that I am God…” Psalm 46:10. If we are busy right off are we acknowledging Him and basking in His presence? A lop-sided relationship doesn’t work. It’s through prayer we commune with God and by His Word that we are able to know His will.

How can anyone be an effective soldier without listening to the commands of their leader? Our commander in Chief is the King of kings and Lord of lords… He is our Abba Father. He grants us consolation, peace, wisdom, strength, endurance, joy… just to name a few! Time spent with Him is important in every aspect of our lives. There is nothing that He cannot do for us! He requires every ounce of our being!

When our prayer life is under attack, which mine have been the last few weeks, it affects every area of our lives. It is our direct streamline communication with our Daddy God! I’ve experienced technical issues the last couple weeks with the internet, phone & fax. Not being able to communicate on a regular basis with our business contacts can have detrimental consequences! Same thing holds true. If we don’t communicate, walk and talk with God regularly, it will stunt our growth, we can become distraught and we lose focus on our main goal and objective… JESUS! Praise God we don’t have to rely on man to be heard by our amazing God. All it takes is a pure heart before Him and He hears. In His time He answers! He’s ever ready to receive your voice before Him. Take all things to Him big and small and TRUST He has your best interest in mind!

Just as it isn’t enough to eat one meal a week for our physical bodies, we need to feast at the Lord’s Table on a regular basis as well. We must feed our spiritual man with the Word of God. It is the Bread of Life! Talk with Him, spend time with Him in prayer on a regular basis as well as seek Him in the Word. It will make all the difference in your day! I know it does mine!  I don’t know about you, but my Lord God is my best friend, always near, He’s my lover and my LIFE! Without Him I’m incomplete! If you don’t know this longing yet, I pray you soon will. No other is as satisfying!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, TB! We need to not just make sure we spend some time with Him but do it ALL the time. Just like any other relationship, you get closer to the other by communication! You can't get close to someone you never talk to or try to be around. Amen! Thank you for this In-His-Time-ly reminder. I was honestly floundering for what I should be doing - knowing I needed to be doing something, when I decided to read your blogs ;-) God is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...