Monday, January 14, 2013

Postcard Christianity

Snap shot taken from my mother
in-law's garden. Would make for a beautiful
"Wish you were here!"
I don't know about you, but I know I've experienced postcard Christianity. "What's that?", you might ask. Let me fill you in...

Postcard Christianity is where we hold up snapshots of other believer's lives and share their stories. They're motivational, yes! Moving, yes! Inspiring yes! We can learn much from their wisdom gained and their testimonies told. The problem is becoming reliant upon them rather than taking Christ by the hand ourselves!

So many of us have been sitting on our "spiritual couches"! We've nestled away tucked in a safe zone attempting to live out our Christian lives through some one else's adventures. There is a problem here and it leads to complacency; the hardening of our hearts and in turn grant us hard fallow ground! Something must be done!

"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you." Hosea 10:12

Action must be prayerfully taken! It's time to seek the Lord, cut loose of that comfy safe zone and take the hand of Christ. Ask & allow Him to break up that fallow ground. You see, fallow ground was once fruitful & productive, but over time dependency upon anything or anyone but the Lord will allow our own hearts to become hardened and fruitless. As our heart's ground becomes broken, it becomes useful for receiving seeds! Seeds of life! As we seek His righteousness, we will be used, we will be tried, but we must decide!
Abandoning the complacent life allows a real genuine opportunity to take the hand of Christ and dare adventure with Him on a life long journey! So, will you continue to show these postcards or allow the Lord to create your own hand in hand with His?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Yet painfully received. Thank you for allowing the Lord to speak through you once again TB! I am taking this as a personal message as well. It is yet another answer to build upon the answers I have received lately to my prayerful questions. I, too, need to break up hardening ground. I would much rather my Lord come back to me trying to rework my ground than to me sitting on my spiritual couch. Help me fight allowing the numbing of my spiritual senses, Dear Lord! Help me keep my nerves raw and openly exposed so that I will become instantly aware of anything that is not of or from You! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TB, where's the "like" button? Lol! Seriously, we are definitely accepting this one together, on the same road huh! As the Lord spoke this to my heart, it was sharp but gentle. Often we don't realize things that can be good can also be harmful to our walk with our Jesus. Too much of anything allows us to push Him aside. Its good to admire those gone before or even on the same narrow road at the same time as long as we allow Christ to remain King of our heart's throne. Love you!

      Delete
  2. Coreena and Mickey...Amen and ditto! If we allow His word to penetrate and soften the hard soil of our hearts He will create the most gorgeous gardens! I want to bloom for my sweet Saviour!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Alicia! Every ounce boils down to our obedience! Obedience, obedience, obedience. The more we push the world away, the more we will hear His amazing voice! Obedience = blossoms! AMEN! :-D You're blooming girly! Let Him shine, let Him shine, let Him *shine*!

      Delete

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...