Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Enlisted in Christ' Army

I am in my Lord's army
He is faithful to the end.
There is no greater Commander
Than One who'd die for His friend.

What a steep price to pay
For Him to take my hand in His
And bid me "Come" on a journey with Him.

A life of total darkness was my foggy way before 
A soldier in His Army
in a battle that is unseen.
See there are demons all around me fighting against this royal King

They want to take as many souls as they can blindly lead.

My Jesus gently whispers, worry here no more.
The battle is already won and soon ALL WILL CALL ME LORD.


He's given every weapon
and faithful defense too.


He's given His clothes of righteousness

 by His willing sacrifice.

The day He died upon the cross satan thought he had victory.
But to his surprise

 my King from death did arise!

After three days of total darkness 

this Commander, He did win
Permanently erasing all of sins stain
See, HE conquered death & the grave.

The enemy was ticked 

and this battle did grow worse
This was just the beginning 
Of many of our storms

So many just don't get it;
They just don't understand...
This battle is raging
and mere humans can't comprehend.


We soldiers do get wounded
you can see this from our scars.
See, this wicked one we fight
and his evil demons too;
They use those close to us 

and say God's Word isn't true.

I've seen both sides in action
and though this soldier falls.
I know in the end is victory

 as I believe my Lord.

Anyone can enlist if you like the winning team.
We drink from water spouts that bring life with them.


You don't have to fear no more.
Christ is looking for good soldiers,
the ones despised in shame.
He will take you through His training
And He will take away your pain.


Come let us reason,
why take a mental beatin'?

This is life's true meaning

The days are growing dark & dim
And soon evil will befall 

in the most wicked way of all.

But all in the King's army will delightfully feast with Him.
Will you trade your garments 

and fight with Him? 

He will not leave you weary 
But precious life restore
All in His Army will taste death no more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...