Monday, February 11, 2013

King of the saints

I once was surrounded by death and despair, but Your love came down and rescued me there. Oh bright Light and sweet taste of Heaven's delight. The moment You opened my eyes to see, that precious day I did fall upon my knees.

To think I will sing with saints gone before, to worship & praise the magnificent Lord!

"Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest." Rev 15:3-4

I will bow down and worship with the saints, oh how the thought makes my heart faint. To behold Your power and glory divine. A trade once made with Your hand in mine. Far to majestic for my mind to comprehend, to think You now call me friend.

Now no more gloom nor pain I tried to hide, the darkness is gone and Christ at my side. No worries nor fear, but true joy that brings tears. A lover, a friend that none can compare. How worthy He is when this great day appears that I sing with the saints who dared to believe, it was His Love that rescued me!

Will you join this heavenly host? Will you declare His glorious works? "Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest." Rev 15:3-4

This life is but a mere test to see if you will join the rest. No more darkness nor death, but eternal life and rest. The battle is tough and the road is long but what a prize for my eyes to behold, the King of glory upon Heaven's throne!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...