Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Reach!

One, then two steps down and reach... These simple things is all my 3 year old nephew had to do to grab his toy airplane that fell down. He wanted it back so bad but not quite bad enough to do it himself. He wanted me to grab it. Lol! 


I told him twice how to get it but he shook his little head in disbelief. He grabbed my hand and stretched it as far as it would go, to no avail. I wasn't close enough either. 


Truth is, he was scared. He's in new territory and this simple task was uneasy. So I held out my hand and said, "let's do it together!" With BIG wide eyes he smiles and laughs. Then he attempts to make me grab it again. I said, "No, let's do it together!" He shrieks back and begins to pout. So step by step I told him, "Put your toes by my toes", uncertain he did it! One step, then the next step his toes followed mine. 


Then I said, "take my hand. We will get it together." He tried AGAIN to make my hand get it. "No, let's do it together", I said with a reassuring smile. So, I held his tiny hand and we both stretched forth and grabbed it! 


Moral of the story: Trust conquerors fear! How many times does The Lord God instruct us STEP by STEP, yet we do the same thing. We have our own ideas in how it should go and so we struggle in our fears. 


Truth is, He never asks us to do these things alone! His hand is always outstretched and grants us guidance step by step. The duration of our squandering & squawking is up to us. The sooner we learn to TRUST His gentle hand, the better & more enjoyable our walk will be! 


Will you take His hand and trust His leading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...