Thursday, May 8, 2014

Shadows & Sandals

I was blessed with amazing good ole fashioned "FaceTime" with my kids today. Hand in hand, face to face & eyeball to eyeball. Each in their own way said, "I'm watching you". 


While walking with Jayden to pick up Kaylie from school, we were chasing each other, laughing and picking dandelions. It was great! 1/2 way ther Jayden made a game of walking in my shadow. He kept saying, "look Mommy, I'm in your shadow!" Then run again only to come back & do it again. 


The Lord spoke to my heart, saying, "Your son is in your shadow. He sees, he hears, he absorbs all. Your actions, reactions, your demeanor." This game Jayden was playing is a true portrait of raising our children! 


Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." 


Later this evening, my daughter & I got some one on one time too! Laughing, joking, hand clap games long talks & silly songs. It was a blast! 


This afternoon before we left to run errands, she grabbed a pair of my flip flops. She said "look Mama, I'm walking in your shoes!" She said it with excitement! The Lord whispered to me, "You set the standard for how she views life, she will follow as you lead."


Same day, similar messages. Truth is, I'm not a perfect parent. I love them with all I have and can give. If I'm not walking with Christ, how can they see how amazing He is? If I follow Him, steadfast & continually they will learn the way in which they are to go!  


Do we realize the impact we have on them in daily life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...