Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Prostrate submission

"And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee. And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me." Ezekiel 1:1-2


Not once but TWICE was the Glory of the LORD so captivating & powerful that it HUMBLED Ezekiel. He literally FELL TO HIS FACE! 


"Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and, behold, the glory of the LORD stood there, as the glory which I saw by the river of Chebar: and I fell on my face. Then the spirit entered into me, and set me upon my feet, and spake with me, and said unto me, Go, shut thyself within thine house." Ezekiel 3:23,24


Did you catch that? It took the Spirit of the LORD to set Him on His feet again. Such overwhelming awe at His Splendor humbled Ezekiel to the ground! On his own, he could NOT stand. Can you imagine? Where is this awe-inspiring REVERENCE today?


Ezekiel didn't "think" about it but automatically displayed prostrate submission! Do you respect the Living God enough to humble yourself in His presence?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...