Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Great Exchange


I once had a heart of stone, until Love bid me to the Royal Throne. 


A river of Love overflowed, where I saw the Blood once shed. All done for me, so Christ could be my Lord, Master, Savior & Friend. 


A sight so deep, it enamored my heart. A great exchange I humbly then made. I laid it all down but was afraid to let go. 


I knew this heart and what to expect. See with that heart it was easy to be cold and to others neglect. 


I laid it down, once and for good. No more misery and pain misunderstood. 


My heart of stone was crushed along with my sin, my will, desires and all fleshly lusts. 


It is painful to feel, it is painful to see, the person I thought I was; wasn't at all as He saw me. 


New life has been given, my sins now forgiven; I've stepped out of the darkness and consumed with His Light. 


A great change He's made with that cold heart of stone, to which I did cling; now let go and my heart sings! 


Such peace His Love brings. Casting away worry, doubt and fear; it's amazing now how things are so very clear. 


I've tasted His Love and the freedom of sin within, He's forever embraced me as His Beloved and I Him, my Lord, my Master, Savior and friend! 


Have you experienced His great exchange?  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...