Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The dreary dreaded drive & my test of faith

Some who may not know me in person may not know that while driving I suffer from PTSD- post traumatic stress disorder. This is something The Lord has brought me a long ways in! 


Yesterday while driving home from my Mom's, it was a rainy drive. High anxiety due to Heavy downpours & strong gusts of wind. Situations like this make me tense up, especially high speeds and passing vehicles; namely semi trucks. 


With each one came another opportunity to trust The Lord to see me through. Over and over I prayed as I white-knuckle gripped the steering wheel. Each and every time The Lord reminded me, "I am with you always". It's true, He is near. 


Countless times I wanted to turn around and just stay one more day, but every time I entertained the thought, He would gently remind me to push that has pedal, Cling to His promises and to trust Him to see us home. 


After 2 hours, stiff hands and countless prayers, we made it past the down pouring rain and were nearly home. On the horizon we saw sunshine! Still a little ways from home, there was HOPE! The rear view mirror revealed the dark, damp, dreary scene the enemy tried to paralyze me with fear but how gracious My Lord held my hand, heart & mind through it all. What a tremendous blessing! 


Today I learned the area my Mom lives in (including the interstate it takes to travel that way) is under a "high river warning". We wouldn't have made it home today had I let my fears conquer me! Which means my daughter would've missed a day of school tomorrow! 


Over all, long story short... We all encounter situations that disrupt our comfort zones. The question is: Do we trust The Lord enough to see the greater picture, keep our BEST interests in mind and to see is through? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...