Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Touch not, take not... What's buried in our hearts?

Disobedience begins in the heart, and when left to itself & it's desires reaps death & destruction. Not only physically but spiritual separation from God. 


Going against His Word brings a curse upon ourselves. Yet if rejecting His Son completely, it's then chosen to live accursed! 


Achan saw what he desired, rejected the warning of The Lord and took what wasn't his, then hid these things under his tent buried underground. This is a portrait of what we have buried in our hearts. 


Self examination: Have we hidden in our hearts that which The Lord has said, "touch & take not"? If so, confess it and turn from it. Give it to Him so that we are in right standing with Him. 


The Lord told Joshua, "neither will I be with you anymore, except ye destroy the accursed from you". 


Is that which we desire worth forsaking His presence? 


"Israel hath sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: for they have even taken of the accursed thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also, and they have put it even among their own stuff. Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accursed: neither will I be with you any more, except ye destroy the accursed from among you... And Joshua said unto Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me. And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done: When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it. So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran unto the tent; and, behold, it was hid in his tent, and the silver under it.

Joshua 7:11-12, 19-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...