Monday, December 1, 2014

3 Sisters mountains and my full plate

(Photo curtesy Oregonkiaking.net)


When I was younger my Dad took me sight seeing through the beautiful state of Oregon. He was very well educated. As we journeyed on our trip he pointed out these mountains. "Those over there are known as the 3 sisters", he said. I thought to myself, well they aren't very big. Especially after seeing Mt. Rainier flying in and Mt. Hood from his residence. 


Truth is, if we were to endeavor to climb these 3 sisters, my perspective would've changed drastically. 


Considering all I have to do today, I've asked The Lord to order my steps for what could easily become overwhelming & discouraging. He reminded me of this trip with my dad. There are things we go through in life that others may see as "no big deal" but could seem treacherous to us. 


Let us be reminded of these truths whether The Lord grant our life's mountains to be removed or we be granted strength to climb them... 


Cast away doubt and believe! 

Jesus said, 

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." Matthew 11:23


In Christ, we do not journey alone! 

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10


If God has brought us to it, He WILL bring us through it! 

"For with God nothing shall be impossible." Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...