Friday, December 12, 2014

Perfecting Patience

"Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:3-4


Ahhh, the testing of patience! Seems to be one of the many lessons for me lately. If you're asking The Lord for an increase of patience, know it comes by experience... Patience is good-natured TOLERANCE of delay or incompetence. 


Nearly every "short" appointment for me this month has ended up taking double or triple anticipated time, affecting nearly every aspect of my life... dealing with non-understanding people and short attention spanned children with high energy levels (lol). Such as life, right?


While I do not understand the "why's" to these just yet, I do KNOW my God is using these things to create me to be who He desires me to be instead of my fleshly knee-jerk reactions and attitudes. 


There are countless things we must wait for in life. The question is, where's our focus in the process? Me, me, meeee, "poor lil ole me" or Christ,  who is using it for His and our good in the long run? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...