Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Vain efforts & great lessons!

Have you ever tried your absolute best at something, completely applying yourself with all diligence only to find out you didn't NEED to do it at all!?! 


While hooking up my computer (Yes, PRAISE GOD I got it back! \o/) I noticed a cord that I thought needed plugged into it. After going great lengths to "make it work", I realized it wasn't even necessary! 


The Lord used this tiny adventure to speak to my heart. He said, "My child, this is precisely what so many people do everyday. They try so hard in their own efforts to please Me, yet reject My Son. He is My PERFECT GIFT; My gift of Grace. If only they could see such Love I have for them through Him, and BELIEVE, they would not exhaust themselves by vain human effort. Apart from My Son, there is much rejection, displeasure and heartache."


Simple, yet profound! Jesus said, "...The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." Mark 1:15


Religion exhausts but repentance through relationship heals... Are you exhausting your efforts unnecessarily  over accepting God's great salvation plan through Christ; grace, through faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...