Thursday, January 29, 2015

Battle of the brush


We've had this battle with our daughter about brushing her hair daily. So in efforts to help her, I bought a fancy brush that eases the process and nearly pain free. 

This morning I noticed she pulled her hair back in a ponytail. A little ratted yet contained. So I asked her, "Did you use your fancy brush?" She relied "Yeap, sure did." I said, "Hummm... If you used it, shouldn't there be evidence that it's been applied?" *BLANK STARE* was her response! LOL! 

No more did I say this to her and my own words HIT me too! For those of us who FOLLOW Christ, should we too not bare evidence that His Word is being applied?! YES! 

Just as my daughter's hair showed need of more consistent use of the brush, how many of us need to intentionally pursue and apply the Living Word to our hearts, minds and lives? Are we willing to endure a bit of pain that we may produce proof? 

May we be mindful... "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2

Is there evidence of our transforming in Christ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...