Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hearts stir and vortex effects

Photo curtesy of: Geology4today.com

While taking a bath one morning, I began stirring the water towards the bottom of the tub with my razor. After a short time affects could be seen on the surface. The  vortex underneath began to take shape and drew the puffs towards the center, each becoming closer to each other as well as drawn to the center. 

Seems like a basic but fun science experiment, right? I asked the Lord to speak to my heart through this simplicity. He asked, "Dare ask that your heart be stirred?" He continued, "See how deep you must go? So must I. Shall we see what begins deep within your heart first?"

Like a child, I gazed at the surrounding top waters. Seemingly unnoticed at first, the ever so slight top bubble movements. As I went near the bottom of the tub, continuing to spin the razor, the more the changes were seen on the surface. Some waters scattered away from the underneath current, while others seemed to be sucked in and repeatedly participated. 

So shall our present stirring affect those around us. Just as the apostle Paul spoke to Timothy, so the Lord speaks to us, "Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands." 2 Timothy 1:6

Life presents many kinds of waters, from the soft subtle gentle stream to the stormy waters that make waves rise fierce and high. Truth is, no matter where we are at this present moment, the storms, afflictions, trials and/or victories we experience are our own, until the Lord STIRS our hearts, THEN our effect on others around us will be greater than minimal at best. 

So, as the Lord asked me, I also ask you; "Dare ask that your heart be stirred?" If we truly desire to be used as only He has made us to be, we must let His hand stir our hearts floor, kick up the dust and allow His Love to draw us and others to Himself. 

"Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
 Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." Psalm 42:7-8

Will you allow your heart to be stirred? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...