Thursday, February 5, 2015

Cinderella mentality Cast away with PRAISE!

Cinderella Cinderella, night and day it's Cinderella... Do the laundry, do the dishes, night and day it's Cinderella... It's a beautiful gift to be a wife and Mommy, yet it's also quite demanding at times. 

I had the pleasure of going grocery shopping alone today. Super excited about studying prices, looking out for my family and not being rushed. Yet over and over the cashier and lady behind me at the checkout repeatedly said, "You have a long ways to go (speaking of bagging), "You have to load & unload it still then put it all away, by YOURSELF." 

On and on their negativity went. All the while, I just smiled and said, "It's ok, I know." I'm just grateful for the Lord's provisions! 

When I got home, I walked in my empty house and our dogs joyfully greeted me. Unbenounced to me, our pup shredded anything & everything she could get her chops on. LOL! As I started cleaning up the mess, switched laundry and began reordering our home from the remnants of 2 (no school) snow days and a computer work day in between, these ladies negativity started coming back to mind. 

I said, "Lord, I'm thankful for my children to take care of. I'm thankful for the groceries you've provided. I'm grateful for the business you've given my husband and I." 

On and on I went just praising God and giving Him thanks! Though I still have tons of work to do, I know by HIS STRENGTH and HIS LEADING, "I can do all things in Christ Jesus who strengthens me"!

So, I'm casting aside the "Cinderella" mentality and pushing through the mental "to do" list! Life is so much better when you've got your PRAISE on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...