Friday, June 12, 2015

Team building and trust!

Let's talk team building! 

During my quiet time, I surrendered this day and all it holds unto the Lord. I asked Him to feed me, according to that which is needed for the toils, trials and tasks ahead, from His Bread of Life; His Word. 

So, He took me to 1 Chronicles chapters 11-12. King Saul had been killed and David was anointed king "according to the word of the LORD"(11:3) As I continued to read the Lord is very explicit in detailing those He surrounded David with; Brilliant, mighty, experienced and skilled men of war. 

As I read through the names, tribes, talents and huge numbers, I asked the Lord. "How does this pertain to us today? What do you want me to take from this incredible portrait and apply to my life?"

He always astounds me! He said, "I always provide what is needed. Look again at the talent and skill each group of men hold." So I did.

First, He showed me how He cherry picked the 3 closest to David. Each were loyal, with unimaginable strength and honorable. The Lord directed David as to their order in stature and reputation. Then on into chapter 12 He showed me the astounding vast numbers of David's supporters. "...They were all mighty men of valour... Came to David to help him, until it was a great host, like the host of God." (vs 21-22) 

Each group baring unique skills; contributing their qualities to a greater army. 
A few are:
*"...mighty men of valour..."(v25,28,30)
*"...men that had understanding of the times"(v32)
*"...expert in war, with all instruments of war... they were not of double heart."(v33-34)

Here's the cool part... hundreds of thousands of men, all from different backgrounds, sizes and skill yet, "All these men of war, that could keep rank, came with a perfect heart..." (v38)

Bottom line, there's no way King David could handle the tasks ahead alone. The Living God knew and provided every area of expertise needed to conquer the task at hand!!! He still does the same for us today BUT it's up to us to utilize what He's given. Will we struggle alone or trust His provisions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...