Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Pass the poop


What would you do if God told you to EAT POOP? Yes, human waste! This is just what He did to the prophet Ezekiel.

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them. Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! behold, my soul hath not been polluted... Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith." Ezekiel 4:12-15

Haha, gross, right!?! Thankfully the Lord changed it for His prophet to cow's dung instead. However, what was His point, His comparison in this? My thought was that is offensive! Then the Lord showed me, this isn't nearly as offensive as our sin, transgression & iniquities are before Him!

Wow! Eye opener there! Another thing He pointed out to me was what He allowed His prophet to experience, to endure and feel due to the rebellion of the people. Do we really think because we belong to Him we should escape "offensive" things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...