Thursday, January 21, 2016

A moment in the mind

Yesterday my daughter had a bad day at school. When I picked them up she tried to bring her attitude home. After talking through things she said, "I was so mad, I almost said a bad word. I didn't say it though, only in my head."

I thought for a moment & prayed quick before I replied to her. I said, "You know the devil doesn't know our thoughts, but that's where he starts to make us fall. However God does know our thoughts. So, really you thought that bad word between you and Him."

She sat very quiet and quite attentive. I told her it's good she caught herself by not saying it but it's better in life's emotional Rollercoaster to ask God for help. She agreed and we moved on.

I'm reminded of Job as he replied to the Lord. "I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee." Job 42:2

"Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off." Psalm 139:2

Today my son started his day much the same, living off emotions. Please keep my kids lifted in prayer. May we be extra mindful all things we "think" we keep to ourselves are actually between us and God. He knows, He sees.

Things are much smoother when keep on our helmet of salvation and are actively "... bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" 2 Corinthians 10:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...