Monday, January 11, 2016

Chaos in control

While watching my kids play this weekend, I had to remind myself daughter about control. She loves to be boss and things to go her way. She gets so frustrated when things backfire or don't go as she's planned.

I gently reminded her, "You'll be a lot happier if you don't try to control every detail." She just gave me her famous, "I know" look.

As I spoke with her, the Lord spoke to me. He said, "People do this all the time. Attempting to control things only I can do & change. This is where faith and trust must walk hand in hand. I am able, but faith is required to trust."

So, I dig in the Scriptures and He reminds me of His truths...

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. But without faith it is impossible to pleasehim: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:1,6

"And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee." Psalm 9:10

We can drive ourselves crazy trying to control the uncontrollable or we can seek the Lord's hand in His help in our letting go. Trading our panic for His peace and walking by faith, trusting He has our best interest in mind. Will we let Him do what needs done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...