Thursday, May 19, 2016

Selfishly sustained

Confronting falsity and admitting failure can be super hard. In this humility there is reward. When we are dishonest, even unintentionally, we hide God's glory, His work and His victories.

I wasn't completely honest in an answer given yesterday, completely out of character. It's true, I tell on myself, lol! As I gave it to the Lord He gently corrected me, and it stung! BUT wisdom was gained.

My answer pointed to me rather than Him. In this there was no opportunity for Him to be seen. I allowed the enemy to use me as his tool in robbing God. Ever think of it that way? I sure didn't!

In my quiet time this morning, He brought me to this verse. "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;" 2 Corinthians 3:5

Sufficiency means ability. There is nothing in me or you that enables us to do right much less the ability to handle life's challenges apart from Him. He IS our ability!

Though I'm not sure how or if this will be made right with the one I spoke with, but I do praise God for His sharp love lesson gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...