Friday, July 29, 2016

The complacent charger

Last night I set my phone on the stand up charger. This morning I realize it didn't charge. My son kindly plugged it in and it slowly began refilling. After some time I saw it wasn't charging too quick so I checked the plug. It wasn't fully pushed in!

Ok, ok, some say "So what! Who cares?". Here's the deeper meaning to it all.

On the spiritual side of things, we can get caught up with "going through the motions", as if our time with the Lord is some kind of 'To do' checklist. The problem with this is no different than my phone set ON the charger but NOT CONNECTED. Even taking that next step and ensuring it was "plugged in". I went through all the "proper steps", right?

We must make sure we are connected to Him. He's our life! Remember Jesus said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

How can we be about His work if we aren't refilled and connected fully. He knows our hearts and doesn't want just the act of doing right. He requires our hearts continuously plugged into His. Is He your lifeline? Are you fully plugged in to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...