Saturday, August 13, 2016

Dampening darkness or Christ confidence?


Have you ever had to walk in the pitch black? Yesterday I was reminded what this is like. While trying to shut my stubborn "automatic" garage door, I had to walk over as it was closing to manually help it along. Only problem was, I didn't leave the house door open! Lights out! It was dark!
Haha, funny thing is, I know my garage. I know the layout and short distance to the steps to the house entrance. Yet, I nearly froze, walking at snail speed, a sudden uncertainty came over me. "Odd", I thought as I made my way through. "Why do I feel this way KNOWING where I'm going?"
OK so some may say, "What a sissy" or "scary scaredy cat"! The Lord used this to speak GREATLY to my heart. He said, "Those who are lost and blinded lack confidence without the light. I am with you and so you trust I am near. Those without this peace hesitate with each step, are easily misguided and are overtaken by fear, fret, frustration and distraught even with the simplest of things."
Wow, this 30 second adventure will stick with me forever! How true and right the Lord is!!! It's so important we share His Light so others may see and feel His comfort and peace! Truth is, in an uncertain ever darkening world, it's no wonder we see such heaviness around us.
There are actually several lessons within this, both for the lost and the believer! May God use this to speak to your heart too!
Let us be mindful:
"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness." 1 Thessalonians 5:5
"For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:" Ephesians 5:8
Can others around us see Christ's confidence in us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...