Sunday, November 6, 2016

The fight against the false witness

Have you ever had to deal with a "false witness"?

"A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow." Proverbs 25:18

Think how destructive these weapons are! A 'maul' or mallet breaks, a sword separates and a sharp arrow pierces!

"A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies." Proverbs 14:5

Safe to say then a false witness reflects the character of Satan. Doesn't he "come to steal, kill and destroy"? (John 10:10) It's also a byproduct of the heart's evil state (Matthew 15:19).

Truth is, "A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape." Proverbs 19:5 The Lord God has a lot to say about such malicious slander! Why? He hates the destruction it brings!

To the false witness---> Be sure "... your sin will find you out"! (Numbers 32:23)

To the believer, secure in Christ ---> "The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14 May we cry out as David saying, "Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me." Psalm 35:1

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:19-21

Though the situation may be overwhelming, there is hope! Trust in the Lord and praise Him in the meantime!

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." Psalm 18:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...