Saturday, May 5, 2018

Sweet sleep

The other night my daughter was stalling to say her prayers at bedtime. Something I've noticed she's been doing lately, so after we talked with God, I decided to ask her why.

I love her innocence!

She said, "Well I'm not tired before prayers, but after I'm always sleepy."
"Ahhh, I replied, do you know why?", I asked.
She gave a sheepishly quiet "Nooo".

I prayerfully thought a moment and I told her, "When we thank God and give Him our praise, needs & troubles, He gives us His peace. We trust Him. He knows what He's doing and in His peace we can rest. Our minds quiet down and our bodies relax."

After that she cozied herself into her bed even more and I could see she had His peace. I did too! We were both ready for sweet sleep.

Our conversation reminds me of one of my favorite verses.
"When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet." Proverbs 3:24

How often do we truly surrender our cares to Him entirely? Racing thoughts of daily things or that of our needs and the needs of others around us can keep us awake longer than we should. We hold on to them not even realizing it!

I hope our little chat will encourage you to completely let go and truly let God. May His peace grant you sweet sleep too!

Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

My prayer for you, in Jesus name...
"Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all." 2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...