Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fishing in FAITH


Last Sunday morning while my kids and I were getting ready for church; my husband was getting ready to go fishing.  I asked him if he was bringing home supper. He replied, “I don’t know, depends if I catch anything or not.” I told him, “GO FISHING IN FAITH”! He looked at me crazy and I explained: “Faith is ‘believing in something you cannot see’, go fishing believing you’ll bring back supper.” He shook his head and said, nah, I’m just going fishing. Later on when we all returned home, I asked how his fishing journey went, if he brought anything home… his reply was “just one” as he was filleting it. I said “Oh, did you go fishing in faith?”…He said, “No, just went fishin’.”
I’ve thought about this quite a bit these last few days, and it continues to come to me, how often do we “go fishing in faith”? Jesus said, “…Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19 While we are growing in Him and sharing with others He brings across our path, do we truly believe in the unseen that seeds are being planted and the Spirit of Truth is drawing people unto Himself. Do we cast our nets out expecting them to be returned empty? The Lord said, “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11
To cast or not to cast… The net represent the Love of Jesus. It is Him through us that draws others unto Himself! To keep the Love of Jesus to ourselves is one of the most selfish things we can do. Jesus died for all and we aren’t to limit who hears of His life transforming Love.

“For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” 1 Timothy 2:3-4 YES, CAST YOUR NETS! If you are willing to be used of the Lord and truly follow Jesus, HE WILL FILL THE NETS! This is the very purpose of the Great commission! That ALL would be saved, that they be set free from the bondage they carry, that they be washed in the precious blood of the Lamb and have the opportunity to know and walk with God. So, with this said, it is the Lord’s will that we FISH in FAITH… speak as the Lord leads, share the hope of Jesus! Regardless of what people may think, it’s far more important to please Him, carry out His will

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, we humbly come before you. We praise You for the everlasting Love and life You give all who accept Your amazing Son Jesus. Father, we ask that You grant us utterance with boldness to proclaim all You are to a fallen and brutal world. Use these vessels and fill these nets. Please Lord, let Your perfect will be done. Bridle our tongues so Your Spirit can freely speak through us to all You draw near. Let us fish in faith all for Your Kingdom and glory. Forgive our doubt and increase our faith. We ask in Jesus mighty name! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...