Thursday, December 11, 2014

Antagonizing & Answers...

Last night my kids were antagonizing each other. Lol, yeap, they're normal! 


Anyway, my daughter kept coming to me with, "Mom, he's doing it again. Please make him stop!" The only problem is, each time she came and told me something as I would begin to say something, she would cut me off and attempt to correct her little brother herself. 


After several times, I stopped my daughter and said, "If you want me to correct him, let me be the Mom." After a bewildered stare I told her, "it doesn't do any good to come to me if you were going to keep trying to handle it on your own."


Bam! As I though about this a lil while ago, The Lord brought this scene to my memory again. Kinda like a condensed mental replay of last night. He gently whispered to me, "When you take things into your own hands, you are saying "I can do better than you" only to repeat and repeat. When you're ready to let Me step in, simply let go and trust Me."


Ok, how often are we all guilty of this SAME thing!?! Eventually my daughter let me be the Mom without her added two-cents and there was peace once again. If you've been acting like this, and taking things into your own hands, will you let God be God and the Loving Father He is by taking a step back and granting Him full control? 


He's able where we are not and sees not just one side but the whole situation. Will you let go and let God...? 


"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...