Saturday, February 28, 2015

The bullock and the believer

"...Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God. Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed..." Jeremiah 31:18-19

Wow, think of that first yoked bullock! The resistance it must've 1st given now being confined. Relate this aspect to ourselves. Many have been drawn unto the Living God by His lovingkindness, yet our humanness still desires to thrive in our own will, in our own ways and in our own strength and He gently puts His yoke upon us to teach us reliance upon Him, to share the weight of our burdens, trials and cares, as well as to give us good direction in the way we must go. 

Think again of the bullock, once free, self reliant, self determined now tied to another. Now, it can be lead, ordered & directed for its protection and can be taught and tamed. 

Is this not a portrait of us, in Christ? Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

PRAISE HIM for His patience with us! How often we resist & rebel, yet His "yoke is easy and His burden is light". Have we learned... Are we learning still; teamwork with Christ? Trusting Him, His Word, His ways and His Will far exceed anything we could possibly do in our own strength apart from Him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...