Wednesday, February 22, 2023

A Recipe for keeps!

As I ponder what to make for dinner tonight, I chuckle to myself on the results of last night's dinner. See, I found a recipe but didn't "feel" up to all the ingredients. Lol, so, I modified it. Let's just say it was a flop! 

The Lord spoke greatly to my heart in this real life lesson. He showed me that in religion this is exactly what people do. They don't "like" or "feel up to" His requirements so the pick and choose; they add to and they take away! Just like my dinner that went south, so making these changes to His plan results in the same way! 

In essence it's fun to play around with recipes, especially when it comes out great! When dealing with God's ways, it's best to leave what He says as whole and complete. 

As my husband's words ring in my ears, "Don't change the recipe next time." I share this deeper advice for you too... 

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

May we not play with eternity based on our likes, dislikes and/or emotions! What God dishes out is perfect, truly a recipe for keeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sin and the simplicity of the Gospel

Remember, it will not be the "act" of sin God will punish come final judgement. Rather, every soul that rejects His only begotten ...